Tuesday 28 June 2016

Royal Festival Hall !!!

On Friday the 24th of June, some of the students in year 4,5,6 participated in the Royal Festival Hall Orchestra and First access performance . In Orchestra one of the pieces that we played was called The Hall Of The Mountain King . In this piece there was a lot of pizzicato also know as plucking , as well as arco  ( use of bow ) . There was also a lot of other instruments in the Orchestra such as : flutes, oboes, clarinets ,recorders, trumpets and guitar. 🎷🎺🎸🎻🎹



The last piece we played in Orchestra was called spy movie it also uses pizzicato and arco ,many other interments such as violins, trumpets, recorders and other instruments it was extremely fast and at first I  found it hard to keep up but in the end I managed to get the timing right!!! 🎷🎺🎸🎻🎹



In year 4 violins we did are final song it was called rice harvest, the whole song represents a story of refugees that survived and lived to tell the story. Everybody joined in even the music teachers.It was quite hard to keep the timing right because you had to count yourself in with the beat!!!🎷🎺🎸🎻🎹



If it wasn't for Bird Collage we wouldn't of been able to experience this ! Thank you so much I absolutely loved it . 🎷🎺🎸🎻🎹




11 comments:

  1. Well done, you have been practising for a long time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a brilliant time and also i was so warned out the next day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a brilliant time but was super tiered after.

      Delete
  3. I just want to go back and do it again!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the best night ever I wish it would happen again I finally got to play violin on stage!❤️😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree πŸ€—πŸ˜

      Delete
  5. Well done! You sounded lovely maybe you should start a bandπŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was there πŸ˜ͺ😒😭 sob sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it sounded fantastic I wish I was playing the volin��

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great night. I have always wanted to experience something like this, playing a violin and flute on stage is a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this ❤️

    ReplyDelete