Tuesday 2 February 2016

Colourful Fractions


In maths, we are learning about data.We learnt about a Brazilian artist called Romero Britto who does pop art and cubism. We all created a picture on a hundred square paper and we swapped pictures with a partner to work with. In our books we counted all the squares by color on the sheet we were given 

E.G. 41/100 squares were pink and 7/100 were blue.  

This then turned into fractions which soon turned into a bar graph.     
We did this by using the fractions from the 100 square pictures to create a bar chart.When I created my bar chart I used Excel and Word. I typed in my information in Excel and created the graph on Word. It looked like this when I had created on word.


I completed this task with James Orchard and Alex Wong who both successfully finished the task with me.

Written by Ruby O'Shea


2 comments: